MISSION: to provide high quality technical training in forest and natural resource management.
- to train field personnel in the technical aspects of evaluating, managing and protecting forest resources.
- for students to develop competencies in field applications of classroom theory in forestry related technical subject areas.
- demonstrate knowledge of the skills needed to gain employment or to continue their education in forestry or closely related field
- improve written and spoken communication
- learn interpersonal and leadership skills
- develop a view of tolerance and ethics
- gain a broader perspective in education through general studies in the arts, humanities, social and behavioral sciences and natural sciences.